- Nora O'Connor, Inland Real Estate Group - Co-Chair, Talented Workforce Committee
- Hitesh Patel, PNC Bank - Co-Chair, Talented Workforce Committee
The Talented Workforce Committee’s main goal is to ensure the future success of local businesses by establishing and strengthening initiatives that help retain and attract a talented workforce in Greater Oak Brook. The committee members, comprised of the chamber’s large employers – and member staf?ng companies, member academic institutions and chamber staff – will combine their efforts this year to connect companies to available training programs. Committee members will specifically focus on engaging and coordinating local professional peer groups with an emphasis on technology talent and young professionals.
- The Talented Workforce Committee is tasked with the following initiatives in 2014:
- Retain and attract a talented workforce in Greater Oak Brook
- Help recognize and award Greater Oak Brook's best workplaces
- Work with Chamber staff to establish a program to connect local businesses to available local training programs
- Assist with the creation and coordination of Greater Oak Brook professional peer group
- Work to build young professional networks in the area and to attract young professionals to work in Greater Oak Brook
- Support the Economic Development Partnership's development of a new workforce and jobs video that highlights the advantages of working in Greater Oak Brook
- Support transportation improvement efforts throughout the Chicago region that will make it easier for talented employees in the region to commute here to work.
For information about the Talented Workforce Committee, please contact Tracy Mulqueen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-560-5271.
For a list of local area Small Business Development Centers please click here.